William B Czh
map-marker Gainesville, Texas

Resort fee...

I have not stayed nor will I ever stay at any Ceasers property while that "resort fee" nonsense is in effect. I stay at Margaritaville, or Eldorado, where a comp room is still a comp room, and no resort fee. And I play where I stay. Corporate's response to my complaint: "our customers have asked for it". Nope, they did not.
Reason of review:
Pricing issue

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AT HORSESHOE HOTEL BOSSIER CITY

Horseshoe Hotels And Casinos - POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AT HORSESHOE HOTEL BOSSIER CITY
I booked a 2 night stay, April 19-21 ****, at the Horseshoe Bossier City on April 17 2017. I used the TOTAL REWARDS website and selected a King non-smoking room. I received an email confirmation of my purchase of the King room on said days. When I arrived on the 19th the Horseshoe desk clerk said she had me for a 2 night stay in a QUEEN ROOM. I told that was not correct and I had booked a King. She told me I DID NOT select preference on the website. I told her I had and showed her my email receipt on my phone. She got the manager from another room. I was embarrassed and angered when the manager spoke down to me, in front of other guest checking in, as she explained to me that I reserved a "ROOM" and the Horseshoe would choose what type of room I would get according to availability. I told her that I have booked and stayed at this Hotel several times a year over the last 12-15 years and had never had a problem getting the room I booked. She then asked me WHEN I had made my reservation, not sure why that would matter, I told her 2 days prior to my arrival. She then made up unwritten rules that I should have followed. She told me that even though I booked the hotel online I should always call to confirm that the reservation was recorded with my room preference. REALLY? THIS IS NOT POLICY!! After her failed attempt to make me feel at fault for their short comings, she admitted that my King room was probably given to a higher rated gambler that had decided to stay longer than his initial reservation. NOW I HAVE NOT ONLY BEEN ACCUSED OF NOT KNOWING UNKOWN AND MADE UP POLICY I AM ALSO MADE AWARE THAT MY STATUS WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO HOLD A RESERVATION AT A 4 STAR HOTEL. It goes down hill from here. Her attitude went from condescending to arrogantly rude. She said there were no Kings left and asked if I wanted the Queen. I asked her what choice did I have? SHE SAID I COULD DENY THE OFFER. I confirmed her statement and told her I did not drive 3 hours to turn around and go back home. As she was finishing the details on her computer I asked her if she would at least waive the "resort fee" for the 2 nights as a small token of accommodation for giving my room away. "I WILL NOT". She never apologized for giving my room away. She didn't offer to move us into the King room the second night. She knew nothing about customer service and should not be in a position to deal with people. I tried to call customer service the next day to complain on all that had happened. The Hotel operator was very sympathetic to my plight and did apologize for what had happened and told me she would put me through to customer service. I left a message with customer service and here it is 3 days later and have not received a return phone call. Great customer service, WOW.
Reason of review:
Poor customer service

Preferred solution: An Apology and a change in policy

Acey Bjt

You made a mistake in accepting a room you didn't reserve. You surrendered abjectly.

You should have just walked away and went elsewhere---or home. They defeated you.